***Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch. This requires that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course.***
The Defensive Carbine course will help teach you the skills to manipulate your rifle in a safe and effective manner.
Class starts at 0830, please arrive 10 minutes early! There are only porta-potties at the range and no running water. Hand gel is provided.
- $150 for Non-Members
- $120 for Members / Member Family / Law Enforcement / Active EMS / Active ER Nurses / Active Duty Military / Fire-Fighter
- There are no refunds for missed classes. A club training credit will be issued toward a future class.
You will be taught and practice:
- Rifle zero
- Cover versus concealment (basic barricade positions)
- Shooting positions
- Body mechanics
- Controls manipulation
- Malfunction drills
- Off-Hand shooting
- Transition to handgun
- Carbine rifle with sling
- Minimum 3 rifle magazines
- 200 rifle rounds
- Handgun with holster (NO SERPA or appendix carry)
- 2 pistol magazines
- 50 rounds pistol ammunition
- Baseball cap
- Eye protection
- Comfortable clothing
- Eye protection
- Electronic hearing protection (loaners available)
- Food and drinks, we do not leave the range for lunch
NOTE: The Club and training facility is rustic and does not have running water. Our restrooms are porta-potties with hand sanitizing dispensers. The classroom is climate controlled however due to the extreme temperature variations during the year we recommend dressing for the season and keeping in mind the range and classroom are often chilly in the morning and evening hours during the non-sweltering months.
There are no vending or food/drink services on club property or nearby. Our daylong courses require that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course. Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch.