Defensive handgun class will help to teach you the skills to manipulate your handgun in a safe and effective manner. A CCW class just gives you the very basics. This class is the next step.
Please arrive 10 minutes early! There are only porta-pottys at the range and no running water. Hand gel is provided.
- $80 for Non-Members
- $60 for Members / Member Family / Law Enforcement / Active EMS / Active ER Nurses / Active Duty Military / Fire-Fighter
You will be taught and practice:
- Drawing from concealment
- Malfunction clearing
- One hand firing and manipulating
- Failure drills
- Shooting from cover
- Handgun, preferably your carry gun
- Two spare magazines (3 total) or speed loaders/speed strips
- A sturdy belt
- Belt holster (we prefer you don’t use the Blackhawk Serpa)
- Appendix carry is not allowed
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- Magazine carrier / pouch
- Baseball cap
- Eye protection
- Baggy shirt, shirt jacket, oversize t-shirt, etc. (concealment garment)
- Electronic ear muffs (loaners available)
- Food and drinks, we do not leave the range for lunch
- Sun screen
NOTE: The Club and training facility is rustic and does not have running water. Our restrooms are porta-potties with hand sanitizing dispensers. The classroom is climate controlled however due to the extreme temperature variations during the year we recommend dressing for the season and keeping in mind that the range and classroom are often chilly in the morning and evening hours during the non-sweltering months.
There are no vending or food/drink services on club property or nearby. Our daylong courses require that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course. Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch.