The Three Gun matches were started as an addition to traditional target shooting with special emphasis on self-defense scenarios. The participants are timed during the running of these scenarios, not so much to see who is fastest, as to add the excitement and adrenaline that one would normally expect to encounter in a real shooting situation. The three types of guns used are pistol, rifle/pistol caliber carbine, and shotgun.
Matches vary each month on format. Some matches will be “free-style”, others will follow UML (United Multi-Gun) format http://ussleagues.com/uml/. We do not run USPSA Multi-Gun matches at this time. All levels of shooters are welcome and there is no requirement to “classify”. Any safe working firearms can be used.
Junior participants are welcomed as long as they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Safety is our ultimate concern and participation decision are left to the discretion of the Match Directors.
Pre-registration is encouraged through the Practice Score link below, so the matches can be effectively managed ahead of time and we spend more time shooting. Registration will normally be open a week in advance of the match. Walk-ons are welcomed.
Scoring is based-on “Time Plus” format. Your raw time is the baseline, and the time penalties are added to your raw time for your match time. Time penalties would include misses on target, hits on no-shoots, fault or procedural penalties. Scores are posted in Practice Score link above.
- Pistol with holster, several magazines, magazine carries and at least 100 rounds.
- Shotgun with at least 50 Bird or Buck shot shells and 5 rounds of slugs.
- Rifle with sling, several magazines, magazine carriers and at least 100 rounds.
- Safety equipment; Eye and Hearing protection. A waist mounted, thigh or IWB holster for the pistol.
- NO shoulder, ankle, pocket or other exotic holsters. These are unsafe for use on the range because these holsters allow the muzzle to cover you and other shooters.
- NO Steel Core, LAP, or AP (armor piercing) ammo.
Second Saturday of every month. We appreciate participant’s help in both set up and tear down of the match.
Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club Members Range.
6:30 A.M. setup, 8:00 AM sign up, 9:00 A.M. Match Starts, Winter hours Months of September – April
7:00 P.M. setup 9:00 P.M. Match Starts, Summer Months of May – August (Night Shoot)
Match cost is $20 cash per shooter. All fees collected at the match event.
Contact the 3 Gun Lead for Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club – [email protected].