***Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch. This requires that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course.***
Class starts promptly at 0830, please arrive 10 minutes early!
- $60 for Non-Members
- $40 for Members / Member Family / Law Enforcement / Active EMS / Active ER Nurses / Active Duty Military / Fire-Fighter
- There are no refunds for missed classes. A club training credit will be issued toward a future class.
You will be taught and practice:
- Firearms safety
- Types of handguns
- Basic understanding of ammunition
- Use of sights, grip, trigger control and stances
- Loading/unloading of pistols and revolvers
- Magazine changes (Emergency versus administrative)
- Malfunction drills
- Use of holsters
- Discuss cover versus concealment
- Any other topic brought up by the class members
- Range practice using the skills learned in the classroom under supervision of the coaches and Range Safety Officers
- Handgun (If you don’t own one, we have a limited number of loaners. If using a loaner, if using a loaner, you will still need to bring ammunition)
- 50 rounds of factory new ammunition (9mm or .380 for a loaner)
- Lunch-We do not leave the range for lunch
- Closed-toe shoes
NOTE: The Club and training facility is rustic and does not have running water. Our restrooms are porta-potties with hand sanitizing dispensers. The classroom is climate controlled however due to the extreme temperature variations during the year we recommend dressing for the season and keeping in mind that the range and classroom are often chilly in the morning and evening hours during the non-sweltering months.
There are no vending or food/drink services on club property or nearby. Our daylong courses require that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course. Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch.