***Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch. This requires that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course.***
Intermediate Handgun will teach you the intermediate skills to manipulate your handgun in a safe and effective manner. (See course description below). Defensive Handgun serves as a pre-requisite for this course.
Class starts promptly at 0830, please arrive 10 minutes early! There are only porta-potties at the range and no running water. Hand gel is provided.
- $80 for Non-Members
- $60 for Members / Member Family / Law Enforcement / Active EMS / Active ER Nurses / Active Duty Military / Fire-Fighter
- There are no refunds for missed classes. A club training credit will be issued toward a future class.
YOU WILL REVIEW AND PRACTICE:
- Drawing from concealment
- Malfunction clearing
- One hand firing and manipulating
- Failure drills
- Shooting from cover
YOU WILL LEARN AND PRACTICE
- Close quarters shooting
- Shooting from kneeling
- Shooting from prone
- Injured shooting and weapon manipulation
- Handgun, preferably your carry gun
- Two spare magazines (3 total) or speed loaders/speed strips
- A sturdy belt
- Belt holster (we prefer you don’t use the Blackhawk Serpa)
- Appendix carry is not allowed
- 250 rounds of factory ammunition
- Magazine carrier/pouch
- Baseball cap
- Eye protection
- Baggy shirt, shirt jacket, oversize t-shirt, etc. (concealment garment)
- Electronic earmuffs (loaners available)
- Regarding food and drinks, we do not leave the range for lunch
NOTE: The Club and training facility is rustic and does not have running water. Our restrooms are porta-potties with hand-sanitizing dispensers. The classroom is climate controlled however due to the extreme temperature variations during the year we recommend dressing for the season and keeping in mind that the range and classroom are often chilly in the morning and evening hours during the non-sweltering months.
There are no vending or food/drink services on the club property or nearby. Our daylong courses require that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course. Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION INTO THE CLASSROOM.