Defensive handgun class will help to teach you the skills to manipulate your handgun in a safe and effective manner. A CCW class just gives you the very basics. This class is the next step. Defensive Handgun serves as the prerequisite for Intermediate Hnadgun.
Class begins at 0830! Please arrive 10 minutes early! There are only porta-pottys at the range and no running water. Hand gel is provided.
- $80 for Non-Members
- $60 for Members / Member Family / Law Enforcement / Active EMS / Active ER Nurses / Active Duty Military / Fire-Fighter
- There are no refunds for missed classes, a range training credit will be issued.
YOU WILL BE TAUGHT AND PRACTICE:
- Drawing from concealment
- Malfunction clearing
- One hand firing and manipulating
- Failure drills
- Shooting from cover
- Handgun, preferably your carry gun
- Two spare magazines (3 total) or speed loaders/speed strips
- A sturdy belt
- Belt holster (we prefer you don’t use the Blackhawk Serpa)
- Appendix carry is not allowed
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition
- Magazine carrier / pouch
- Baseball cap
- Eye protection
- Baggy shirt, shirt jacket, oversize t-shirt, etc. (concealment garment)
- Electronic ear muffs (loaners available)
- Food and drinks, we do not leave the range for lunch
- Sun screen