***Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch. This requires that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course.***
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience. This basic pistol course provides both classroom and range training. Course topics include:
- Firearm safety rules
- Proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- Ammunition knowledge and selection
- pistol selection and storage
- Shooting fundamentals
- Pistol inspection and maintenance
- Marksmanship, and shooting range safety
- Complete live fire training and a shooting qualification on the range with NRA Certified Instructors
- Receive the NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook
- Take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination
- Receive a course completion certificate bearing the signatures of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor
NOTE: The Club and training facility is rustic and does not have running water. Our restrooms are porta-potties with hand sanitizing dispensers. The classroom is climate controlled however due to the extreme temperature variations during the year we recommend dressing for the season and keeping in mind that the range and classroom are often chilly in the morning and evening hours during the non-sweltering months.
There are no vending or food/drink services on club property or nearby. Our daylong courses require that students bring all food, drinks, and snacks they will desire for the length of the course. Most classes utilize a working lunch and students will not have time to leave the property for lunch.